7.5.14

Tradufit: A physical challenge for mental people!

It is no secret that all of us (translators) are suffering from chronic back/neck pains and carpal tunnel syndromes because we sit in front of a computer screen working for too many hours, without breaks and without much exercise. Although we tend to read articles and books with tips of how to sit correctly and what kind of exercises are the best in order to stay active and fit, when the deadline is round the corner, we forget all about fitness and healthy working habits as our main concern is the prompt delivery of a super-duper target text! I must admit that I have spent many nights typing standing in front of my computer because it was too painful for me to keep working seated! Shame on me!

Well, in one of my Facebook searches I have discovered "Tradufit"! Tradufit is a fun page for translators who want to stay in shape and don't want their body to take the shape of their chair (according to the page's description)! In there, one can find several useful tips and gadgets and share pleasant and fun workouts with colleagues.

I am pretty sure that Tradufit will keep us active as long as we don't just read it!

Source: Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment